Workshop on Agricultural Robotics: learning from Industry 4.0 and moving into the future
- Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017
- IROS 2017 Vancouver, Canada
- Contact: email@example.com
We warmly welcome contributions in two formats: papers which will be presented over a poster session during the workshop, and discussion questions. All papers will undergo a peer review process by the organizing committee. The accepted papers will be archived in an online proceedings (with doi) for future reference. Discussion questions are short questions that will be directed to the panel of invited speakers during the workshop, to trigger further discussions.
Topics (non inclusive)
- Robotized precision farming.
- Farming sustainability, profitability and viable ecological solution.
- Repurposing of industrial-, field- and space-robots for agriculture.
- Analogies between Industry 4.0 and agricultural applications.
- Modular structured agricultural systems.
- Cyber-physical system agricultural production monitoring.
- Decentralized decision and computation for agricultural applications.
- Internet of Things on agriculture sensoring devices.
- Novel perception for agricultural robots including passive and active methods.
- Long-term autonomy and navigation in unstructured environments.
- Adaptive sampling and informative data collection.
- Deployment strategies and user interfaces for end-users.
- 31 Jul 2017 Paper submission deadline
- 14 Aug 2017 Notification of acceptance
- 14 Sep 2017 Discussion question submission deadline
We welcome the submission of papers describing novel work in one of the areas covered by the workshop.
Format 4–6 pages, with optional video
Submission deadline 31st of July, 2017 (23:59 CET)
Review/Selection Single-blind, two reviewers
Notification of acceptance 14th of August, 2017
Authors are encouraged to submit a live demo or a video showcasing their work. Accompanying videos can also be uploaded via the submission system. We accept the following formats: MPEG-1 stream within a .MPG container, or MPEG-4 stream (H.264 recommended) within a .MP4 container. The maximum file size is 20MB
This workshop will experiment with a novel type of contribution: discussion questions. We welcome the submission of questions related to one of the areas covered by the workshop. Selected questions will be read by the organizers to the invited speakers during the panel discussion, to trigger discussions.
Format Less than 200 words
Submission deadline 14th of September, 2017 (23:59 CET)
Review/Selection Selected by the organizers
Notification of acceptance 21st of September, 2017
Publication AGROB2017 Website (authors may request to remain anonymous)
Presentation The question will be posed by one of the organizers, attendance of the authors is not required.
Questions should be submitted via EasyChair. On the submission page, the question should be written in the Abstract box. No file should be uploaded, and the Abstract Only checkbox should be checked. By default, discussion questions will be posted on the website along with author names. If an author wishes to remain anonymous, the title of the question must begin with the word ANONYMOUS.